Make better decisions than your competitors.
Gain timely access to current and actionable information. We can help!
Expertly Designed Data Warehousing
Data warehousing can most easily be described as the creation of a central location to permanently store data from various data sources. The data warehouse supports analysis, reporting, presentation, and other Business Intelligence (BI) functions. In short, data warehousing is the foundation for a successful BI program.
Advantages of Data Warehousing solutions include:
- Enhanced Business Intelligence – By providing data from various sources managers and executives can make business decisions based on all of the relevant data no matter how good their gut instinct is.
- A Data Warehouse Saves Time – Business users won’t waste precious time retrieving and mashing up data from multiple sources. Additionally, executives can query data themselves with little or no support from IT – saving both time and money.
- Data Quality & Consistency – Accurate and consistent data is the foundation for strong data-driven business decisions. A properly designed data warehouse converts data from the various source systems into a common format.
- Historical Intelligence – It is common for data stored in operational applications to be periodically purged to keep those applications performing quickly and effeciently. A data warehouse stores massive amounts of data including historical information. Perform analysis across different time periods and make future predictions.
- Avoid “Direct Access” Pitfalls – Don’t discover the hard way that directly accessing your operational data sources is fraught with problems. Application upgrades mean constantly re-engineering reports. Database field names are often arcane and hard to decipher. There is no good way to supplement application data with other meaningful data. Tables are structured to facilitate fast data entry and not data retrieval and analysis – causing performance headaches. A data warehousing solution is built and optimized for centralized data retrieval.
- Enable Analytical Tools – You want and need dashboards, drill-downs, and trend analysis. You crave easy to use, high-quality visualizations that make data decision ready. Analytical tool vendors are naturally focused on selling you on the benefits of their use. Press them hard and they will all admit that their tools work best when extracting data from a data warehouse.